Assembling Time 13:30
Please meet at Exit 8 of Changshu Road Metro Station.
Built in the 1930s and formerly known as Route Mgr Maresca, Wuyuan Road was such named in 1945. The various kinds of garden houses hidden in the new style lanes and high-rises have made it a visit-worthy road.
1. Located on 7 Lane212 Wuyuan Road was the former residence of Zhang Fakui, senior general of Kuomintang.
2. Situated on Lane252 Wuyuan Road was the Chase House built in 1938, and 11 ofLane252 was the former residence of Bao Dasan, patriotic industrialist and democratic fighter.
Located 258 Wuyuan Road, Liberty Apartments are a treasure of Shanghai left by the Jews.“Liberty” conveys how the Jews thought then. Built in 1933, this 9-storey apartment building is a noted mini-apartment building in the bund.
Built in 1933, Xiefa Apartments on 253-267 & 269-271 Wuyuan Road feature a simple fa?ade and cement brushed exterior walls. The arched staircase overhanging in the air occupies no space and beautifies the fa?ade. Extensive glass windows are a highlight to the building.
West Fuxing Road:
Built in 1914 and formerly known as Route Gustare de Boissenzon, West Fuxing Road was such named in 1943. The whole road is lined with garden houses and apartments. The tranquil environment made it the favorite place of residence for refined scholars.
1. Built in 1930, 62 West Fuxing Road is a representative Spanish style residence. Previously the premise of Hunan Road Sub-district, it’s now the venue of Hengfu Museum.
2. Liangyou Apartments on 68 West Fuxing Road were home to celebrities like famous foreign literary translator Luo Jinan, president of Shanghai Dubbing Studio Zhang Junxiang, veteran pilots flying airplanes to return to the motherland and academicians ofthe textile circles, and American actor Gerald Tannebaum who starred in the movie Bethune.
3. Located on 140 West Fuxing Road is the former residence of Li Guotai, the granddaughter of Li Hongzhang’s brother. (Reminder: overlook the residence on the staircase at the exit of Former Residence of Ke Ling)
Former Residence of Ke Ling: (9:00-16:00)
The former residence of Ke Ling is located on 147 West Fuxing Road. Built in 1933, it’s a yellow Spanish style apartment building. On December 2, 1959, Ke Ling and his wife Chen Guorong moved here.
Built in the 1907 and formerly known as Route Ferguson, Wukang Road was such named in 1943.The road is immerce in the environment of grace with a sense of charm.
1.Located on 99 Wukang Road is the residence of manager for a British firm. It was inhabited by famous patriotic personage Liu Jingji after liberation, and later used as Guesthouse for the Municipal Government and Office of Confidential Bureau of East China Bureau. It’s now a folk house.
2.Standing on 107 Wukang Road is the former residence of Chen Guofu who lived in this British style country house from 1946 to 1948. Chen Guofu successively held the positions of member of Standing Committee of the Kuomintang Central Committee & minister of the Organization Department of Kuomintang, vice minister of Supervisory Ministry, and president of Jiangsu Provincial Government. He founded the Central Club with his younger brother Chen Lifu.
3.The Spanish style house on 210 Wukang Road has a “Romeo balcony” on the second floor. It was called this name because someone said “That’s the balcony Romeo climbing up to.”
4.Located on 212 Wukang Road is the former residence of Yan Yutang, pioneer of Chinese national machinery manufacturing industry and founder of famous Chinese enterprise Dalong Machinery, who is known as the King of Machinery. It’s a British style country house.
5.Lying next to Ba Jin’s former residence is Midan Apartments on 115 Wukang Road. Built in 1931, this apartment building was once home to Sun Daolin, noted film artist. He starred in a number of films, including Sleepless Cityby KeKing, Never Dying Away, The Crow and The Sparrowand Home.
Former Residence of Ba Jin: (10:00-16:30)The former residence of Ba Jin is located on 113 Wukang Road. This garden house is the place where Ba Jin lived longest in Shanghai, carrying both the sad and happy memories of the writer in his later life. Here he wrotethe great book Thoughts which is considered speaking the truth by the domestic and international thought, intellectual and literary circles, as well as essays, novels and translationslike Unity,AMemoir of Writing, My Past and Thoughts.
The itinerary ends with visit to the Former Residence of Ba Jin. You may make your own exploration inthe surrounding area.
用餐：早餐：敬请自理 午餐：敬请自理 晚餐：敬请自理